Wedding Planning Checklist
downloadable wedding planning guide at the end of this post!
This is it!! You just got ENGAGED!! And it’s time to start planning your wedding day!
Planning a wedding can become overwhelming! (This is why we eloped ha!) Having the day you always envisioned can take a lot of work and organization! This is why I’m sharing with you the ultimate wedding planning checklist! If you stay organized and make a plan everything will fall into places! This list is only an idea of what you could look for for your day! Not everything will apply for you but it’s always good to get inspired and to not forget anything! Wedding planning can be a lot of fun and I hope this list will help you achieve your dream day!
To help you start on your dream wedding I created this ultimate wedding planning checklist! You can see the list below in this article and also download for free the planning guide that you can keep on your computer or phone!
- Get inspired! CHECK OUT, MY PINTEREST BOARDS!
- Choose a color scheme!
- Work out your budget. Remember to prioritize what is most important to you on your wedding day
- Select your wedding party
- Start your wedding guest list
- Hire a planner
- Reserve your date at your dream venue
- Research photographers, bands, caterers, florists, rentals, officiants, etc.
- Start a wedding binder to keep all of your quotes, brochures, and notes in one place
- After researching your vendors hire your wedding photographer & videographer
- Book a florist
- Take your engagement photos! Don’t know what to wear? Check my latest blog
- Buy your dress!
- Create a wedding website
- Meet with caterers
- Reserve a block of hotel rooms for out-of-town guests
- Book the officiant
- Purchase your invitations
- Finalize your guest list and request addresses
- Start planning your honeymoon!
- Choose the bridesmaids’ dresses
- Reserve any rentals you may need (chairs, tents, linens, etc.)
- Arrange Transportation
- Send out save-the-dates!
- Time to order your cake.
- Send your bridal shower guest list to your host
- Check on the status of your wedding invitations
- Book the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner venues
- Schedule hair and makeup artists
- Choose your processional music and reception playlist
- Go to your first dress fitting, and pick up some accessories while you’re at it!
- Purchase/rent groom’s attire
- Book accommodations for your wedding night
- Provide guest lists to the maid of honor and best man for bachelor and bachelorette parties and bridal shower
- Work with your caterer to finalize the menu for the reception
- Print menu cards
- Meet with your florist to finalize the florals for the event
- Purchase the rings
- Finalize the event schedule and start creating the day-of-timeline
- Print programs
- Order your wedding favors
- Meet with officiant and coordinate readings from friends and family as well as anything else to include in the ceremony
- Review the playlist with the band and DJ, and provide them with “don’t play” and “must play” lists
- Send out invitations
- Submit your announcement to the local newspaper
- Let loose at your bachelor/bachelorette parties
- Send out as many final payments as you can
- Touch base with all vendors
- Make sure groomsmen attire has been purchased/rented
- Get your marriage license
- Attend your last dress fitting
- Send out rehearsal-dinner invitations
- Purchase alcohol and finalize your signature cocktails if needed
- Confirm times for all of the vendors, and send out your day-of timeline again
- For the reception, create your seating chart
- Purchase wedding party gifts
- Write vows
- Enter all RSVPs you have received into your guest list
- Check on hotel room blocks
- Call guests who have not yet RSVP’d for a final headcount
- Make sure members of the wedding party know their roles and duties come the wedding day
- Touch base with all vendors and ensure they have the day-of timelines
- Outsource any small day-of tasks you can to family and friends
- Ensure everyone in your wedding party has your wedding day timeline
- Send the final guest list to the caterer
After the Wedding & Honeymoon
- Write “thank you” cards
- Print your photos
- Choose the photos for your wedding album!