Wedding Planning Checklist
- Get inspired! CHECK OUT, MY PINTEREST BOARDS!
- Choose a color scheme!
- Work out your budget. Remember to prioritize what is most important to you on your wedding day
- Select your wedding party
- Start your wedding guest list
- Hire a planner
- Reserve your date at your dream venue
- Research photographers, bands, caterers, florists, rentals, officiants, etc.
- Start a wedding binder to keep all of your quotes, brochures, and notes in one place
- After researching your vendors hire your wedding photographer & videographer
- Book a florist
- Take your engagement photos! Don’t know what to wear? Check my latest blog
- Buy your dress!
- Create a wedding website
- Meet with caterers
- Reserve a block of hotel rooms for out-of-town guests
- Book the officiant
- Purchase your invitations
- Finalize your guest list and request addresses
- Start planning your honeymoon!
- Choose the bridesmaids’ dresses
- Reserve any rentals you may need (chairs, tents, linens, etc.)
- Arrange Transportation
- Send out save-the-dates!
- Time to order your cake.
- Send your bridal shower guest list to your host
- Check on the status of your wedding invitations
- Book the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner venues
- Schedule hair and makeup artists
- Choose your processional music and reception playlist
- Go to your first dress fitting, and pick up some accessories while you’re at it!
- Purchase/rent groom’s attire
- Book accommodations for your wedding night
- Provide guest lists to the maid of honor and best man for bachelor and bachelorette parties and bridal shower
- Work with your caterer to finalize the menu for the reception
- Print menu cards
- Meet with your florist to finalize the florals for the event
- Purchase the rings
- Finalize the event schedule and start creating the day-of-timeline
- Print programs
- Order your wedding favors
- Meet with officiant and coordinate readings from friends and family as well as anything else to include in the ceremony
- Review the playlist with the band and DJ, and provide them with “don’t play” and “must play” lists
- Send out invitations
- Submit your announcement to the local newspaper
- Let loose at your bachelor/bachelorette parties
- Send out as many final payments as you can
- Touch base with all vendors
- Make sure groomsmen attire has been purchased/rented
- Get your marriage license
- Attend your last dress fitting
- Send out rehearsal-dinner invitations
- Purchase alcohol and finalize your signature cocktails if needed
- Confirm times for all of the vendors, and send out your day-of timeline again
- For the reception, create your seating chart
- Purchase wedding party gifts
- Write vows
- Enter all RSVPs you have received into your guest list
- Check on hotel room blocks
- Call guests who have not yet RSVP’d for a final headcount
- Make sure members of the wedding party know their roles and duties come the wedding day
- Touch base with all vendors and ensure they have the day-of timelines
- Outsource any small day-of tasks you can to family and friends
- Ensure everyone in your wedding party has your wedding day timeline
- Send the final guest list to the caterer
After the Wedding & Honeymoon
- Write “thank you” cards
- Print your photos
- Choose the photos for your wedding album!